Head of Proteomics
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to play a key role in the vision and strategy of an innovative BioPharmaceutical Company, focused on making a positive impact on patients’ lives.
Our client brings a highly patient-centric approach towards drug development; always focusing on how they can make a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases so that they can enjoy normal lives every day.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Proteomics capable of providing leadership, direction and vision, with the aptitude to drive operational excellence in a growing Proteomics Group within Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis.
You will possess a strategic vision and approach, coupled to a strong scientific background, can-do attitude, and the ability to lead and inspire others. You will be expected to be decisive whilst delivering science of the highest quality. You will bring outstanding experience:
- Leading and driving the development of an outstanding Proteomics Group.
- Developing the strategic direction of the Proteomics Team to ensure the continual evolution of the science and technology to deliver key data to project teams.
- Developing and managing complex proteomic-based quantitative pharmacodynamic biomarker assays for measuring analytes in a range of non-clinical and clinical sample types.
- Using untargeted and targeted proteomics to discover, develop and implement novel biomarkers.
- Leading the establishment of collaborations and partnerships in academia and industry.
- Maintaining an awareness of new / emerging techniques and tools relevant to the field to ensure the group remains state of the art.
The Proteomics Group Leader will play a key role in Development Sciences, creating a strong and quality focused pipeline of Biomarkers to support the transition of novel drugs into clinical development and beyond.
The Head of Proteomics will possess outstanding leadership capability along with a natural ability to understand and identify how to differentiate “good data” that will enhance the probability of developmental success. You will have excellent technical understanding coupled to the aptitude to provide strategic vision and inspire others.
As Head of Proteomics you will enjoy a high level of autonomy and influence, in an outwardly facing role, working with stakeholders across the entire business, with the opportunity to influence throughout the matrix organisation at a senior level. You should be pro-active, able to influence with the desire and ambition to add value and make a difference within Development Sciences and ultimately to patients.
You will have the opportunity to shape your own future, in keeping with the company philosophy and approach.
Small enough to be reactive and nimble, large enough to make a difference.
Creating value for people living with severe diseases in immunology and neurology