Director, Business Development, UK
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading full-service CRO with a highly dynamic and innovative approach. Big enough to successfully manage large global trials, but with a personalized service level usually associated with a smaller organization and a commitment to quality, delivery and exceeding customer expectations.
An opportunity to join a extremely dynamic, global CRO as it continues to evolve through exciting and positive change. The role will allow you to take on key areas or responsibility, fostering relationships with key decision makers, across all service lines, within Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies. You will be assigned key clients across a designated region, with the support and service offerings to be highly successful.
You will be responsible for the identification, negotiation and securing of new client relationships within your region and portfolio of companies. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy to research and analyse the industry and relevant sectors, develop annual business plans which you will be supported to implement, with clear objectives.
We are seeking individuals with strong networks and expertise, coupled to an impressive track record of success within one or more of the following areas:
- Blue chip pharmaceutical clients
- Emerging and developing medium and small pharmaceutical clients
- Biotechnology clients
- Geographical expertise within the UK / Benelux / Scandinavia regions
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Business Development, you will be responsible for the identification, procurement and management for allocated business in Europe. As well as being responsible for nurturing relationships with and securing business from allocated customer accounts, you will proactively identify and qualify new potential clients, develop relationships with decision makers and stakeholders and obtain business from them. This will involve:
- Managing the complete sales cycle from cold calling to negotiating and closing the sale
- Acting as point of contact to the client
- Responding to client requests
- Assisting in the preparation and review of proposal (including FTE and financial estimates)
- Negotiating budgets, contracts, and assisting in the negotiation of ‘out of scopes’ as appropriate.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity within a forward thinking business, where you will be rewarded for success and allowed to flourish as an outstanding business development professional.