Non-Clinical Safety Lead, Gene Therapy
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to play a key role in the vision and strategy of an innovative BioPharmaceutical Company, focused on making a positive impact on patients’ lives.
Our client, with recent exciting and ambitious global strategic acquisitions and collaborations within Gene Therapy, brings a patient-centric approach towards drug development; always focusing on making a difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases so that they can enjoy normal lives every day.
We are seeking an experienced Non-Clinical Safety Lead / Senior Toxicologist, Gene Therapy capable of providing project and programme leadership, direction and vision, with the aptitude and experience to drive operational excellence in a growing Non-Clinical Safety Group within Development Sciences, developing novel Gene Therapy products.
You will possess a strategic approach and vision, coupled to a strong scientific background, can-do attitude, and desire to provide scientific excellence. You will be expected to be innovative and decisive whilst delivering science of the highest quality. You will bring outstanding experience:
- Leading global Non-Clinical Safety programmes utilising Gene Therapy modalities
- Providing Non-Clinical Safety guidance to multi-disciplinary teams
- Sharing broad knowledge encompassing PKPD, DMPK, Bioanalysis, Biomarkers and Quantitative Pharmacology
- Specifically delivering extensive Non-Clinical Safety within Gene Therapy
- Leading projects from pre-clinical into the clinic, taking molecules from Discovery Research to Submission
- Engaging and inspiring others
- Developing a broad range of drug candidates – gene therapy modalities, biologics and large & small molecules as well as emerging technologies into early development / POC / FIM.
The Non-Clinical Safety Lead, Gene Therapy will perform within a focused team of outstanding scientists to play a key role within global multidisciplinary project teams.
The Non-Clinical Safety Lead, Gene Therapy will bring specific expertise in Cell & Gene Therapy having contributed to all aspects of the product development life cycle, ideally on an international basis.
You will possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to present at meetings with regulatory authorities. You will have excellent technical understanding coupled to the ability to provide strategic vision and inspire others; ideally with Immunology or Neuroscience expertise.
As Non-Clinical Safety Lead, Gene Therapy you will enjoy a high level of autonomy and influence, within an outwardly facing role, working with stakeholders across the entire business, with the opportunity to influence on internal and external multi-disciplinary collaborations.
You will have the opportunity to shape your own future, in keeping with the company philosophy and approach.