Head of Analytical Development
Cell and Gene Therapy: Become part of this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant Cell and Gene Therapy group. The C> group will stand alongside small molecule and biopharmaceutical approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be their continued investment to ensure that the Advanced Therapy Delivery (ATD) group, within BioPharm R&D, is able to deliver on the required critical CMC capabilities. The ATD team plans to grow rapidly to ensure the delivery of a multi-product pipeline and to build a world class capability in CMC / supply and become a leader within the gene therapy field.
The Head of Analytical Development will play a key role in providing technical leadership for the analytical development function. You will be responsible for developing novel analytical methodologies to support product characterisation, process development and quality control, bringing:
- Significant scientific knowledge, credibility and experience in analytical development in cell/gene therapy
- Significant experience developing analytical strategy particularly for late stage clinical development
- Track record of innovation in analytical development or cell biology
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of the technical challenges to be met in cell/gene therapy development
- Strong leadership skills and rich experience in coaching and talent development
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders across the organisation and externally
- Extensive knowledge of current thinking and analytical development initiatives within Cell and Gene Therapies
The Head of Analytical Development will be expected to:
- Provide world class technical leadership for the analytical development function
- Set up and execute analytical strategy in partnership with QC to support a number of ex-vivo gene therapies
- Develop an analytical development plan identifying the required strategy, resources and tools required
- Recruit and lead a world class team and define facilities and processes for all analytical aspects of cell and gene therapy
- Deliver next generation methods to support improved process characterisation and control of ex-vivo cell processes to enable efficiency and broad deployment
- Provide technical review and approval of regulatory documentation
- Represent the Cell and Gene Therapy Research interests at all times
The Head of Analytical Development should possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines.
This is a unique career opportunity to play a key role in bringing cell and gene therapy medicines to patients, joining a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they build their Cell and Gene Therapy Research platform.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren,
Pharma-Search Ltd – email@example.com, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.