Global Head Functional Genomics Biology
Functional Genomics in Drug Discovery: Become a key leader in this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant and highly talented Functional Genomics (FxG) Group. Future R&D will focus on science relating to the immune system, the use of genetics and investments in advanced technologies. The Functional Genomics Group will lead many varied and innovative approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be ensuring that they are at the forefront of the technological revolution, scaling advances in genomic engineering, tissue and cell science, computational biology and Omics technologies.
The Global Head FxG Biology will be accountable for developing, mentoring, building and leading teams of expert scientists in 3 critical areas:
- Gene Editing & Genetic Screening
- Translational In-Vitro Models
- High Throughput Biology & Imaging
The Global Head FxG Biology will lead a global team(s) based in UK and USA with broad responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain state-of-the-art capabilities in gene editing and genetic screening, translational in vitro models and high throughput biology and imaging. Keep up to date on external innovation in all relevant areas of Biology.
- Collaborate with FxG groups, collaborators, and stakeholders to develop and execute a portfolio of genetic screening projects that have high likelihood of delivering novel, high-quality targets into the early discovery and development pipeline. Ensure processes and resources are in place to facilitate uptake of targets from screening campaigns into the early target portfolio.
- Actively engage with multiple FxG academic collaborations and successfully integrate external innovation as required.
- Contribute to FxG strategic direction, resource planning and prioritization through participation as a key member of the FxG Leadership Team.
The Global Head FxG Biology will be expected to bring:
- Outstanding scientific knowledge and credibility.
- A demonstrable track record of success within key areas of Functional Genomics Biology development and application.
- Exceptional and demonstrable leadership skills and capability.
- Experience setting the vision and direction to deliver scientific excellence.
The Global Head FxG Biology will be responsible for driving the science and strategy for all biological activities for target discovery and target validation in FxG. You should possess outstanding scientific, leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines and environments.