Director Business Development Europe (Late Phase/ Outcomes)
An exciting opportunity to join the world’s leading Pharmaceutical Services Company, offering product development and commercialisation services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Devices industries.
Their leading-edge capabilities provide healthcare companies with the potential to bring new medicines/devices through development and registration to the market place more quickly, with supporting medical and drug data that will significantly advance the cost effectiveness and quality of healthcare provision. Of the world’s top 30 best-selling drugs, our client has helped to develop or commercialise every single one.
We are currently managing a new vacancy in Europe as Director, Global Sales. This role will lead in the implementation of sales strategies and customer plans to achieve global sales objectives. It will position the Company to win a significant proportion of outsourced global projects from assigned customer(s), representing the Company’s capabilities across the product development spectrum. As a Director in Sales you will create new opportunities that match therapeutic and service expertise with that of assigned customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career further within Real World Late Phase development, arguably the fastest growing area of R&D. You would be joining a market leading company with a track record of innovation within a highly dynamic environment and as part team that is enjoying significant success, with tremendous ambition and energy.
- Generate sales (of net revenue) from assigned customers to achieve individual and team targets.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of customer plans, for assigned customers that embody global product development account team goals.
- Increase market penetration that is measured by an increase in, RFP activity, proactive proposal submissions and strike rate.
- Establish professional working relationship with support team and other service groups. Coordinates customer communication.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards for assigned customers.
- Creates new sales opportunities within assigned accounts for all applicable service units including all ancillary Company services on a local and global basis.
- Communicate specific customer needs on specific opportunities by completion of an effective briefing document. Drives specifics to develop ‘fit for purpose’ solutions working in
conjunction with Proposals and Operations.
- Promote cross-divisional opportunities for assigned customers, regionally and globally.
- Serve as primary facilitator and owner in customer presentations/meetings and the development of the appropriate teams for such meetings including bid presentations, contract negotiations, etc.
- Maintain open communication and shares customer approach with operations.
- Openly communicate with internal Project Managers to assess the overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Ensure sales compliance with routine use of CRM (Salesforce).
- Represent the Company at trade shows and professional conferences as necessary.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Company services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or scientific discipline specific to pharmaceutical development, and a minimum of 8 years professional experience within a pharmaceutical or CRO environment.
- Minimum 5 years direct sales experience in the European BioPharmaceutical marketplace, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrate computer literacy.
- Possess outstanding written, verbal, negotiating, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong networking ability and able to be decisive in decision making when facing ambiguity.
Our client values individuality, fresh ideas, and the contribution that their employees make to their success. In return they offer career opportunities providing flexibility and growth across the organisation, covering multiple locations to suite your lifestyle requirements at this time, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package.
You will enjoy a high level of autonomy, responsibility and accountability with a tremendous opportunity to shape and influence a global organisation and to achieve tangible success.
You will enjoy decision making responsibility and be expected to possess excellent communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful business, within a leadership capacity, in a highly visible role where the long term career prospects are exceptional.