Senior Director Clinical & Epidemiology Project Lead
Creating Innovative Therapeutic Vaccines through outstanding Clinical Development
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to continuing development in order to ensure that they maintain the broadest and most innovative portfolio of any company. With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development, and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
Currently their vaccine business delivers over 2 million vaccine doses per day in over 160 countries, with a portfolio of 41 pediatric, adolescent, adult and travel vaccines that offer protection against 22 different diseases, with a further 14 candidate vaccines currently in development.
Innovation remains key to their Vaccine business, developing new vaccines for the many diseases that still threaten individuals, families, and communities around the world.
The Senior Director, Clinical and Epidemiology Project Lead, Hepatitis B will play a critical role developing the Clinical and Epidemiology strategy for all key Hepatitis B assets, on a global basis.
The Senior Director, Clinical and Epidemiology Project Lead, Hepatitis B will be instrumental in leading and conducting Phase I – IV global clinical development and epidemiological studies with responsibilities including:
- Development, execution, and oversight of Phase I through IV clinical and epidemiological studies, including the integration of global considerations into strategic decisions.
- Ensuring the alignment of the Clinical and Epidemiology Plan (CEP) with the overall product strategy and the highest possible scientific rigor and quality of design in clinical and epidemiology studies.
- Accountability for the medical and human safety aspects of the clinical and epidemiology programs.
- Managing a team of Senior Clinical Research and Development Leads (CRDLs), CRDLs, Senior Epidemiologists, and Epidemiologists assigned to the development program.
- Providing medical, clinical, and scientific support to Marketing/Business Development throughout product life cycle.
The Senior Director, Clinical and Epidemiology Project Lead, Hepatitis B will be expected to bring:
- A demonstrable track record of success within Clinical Development (drugs or vaccines) and Epidemiology.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within clinical research in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally within infectious diseases, immunology and
- Exceptional and demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to think strategically.
The Senior Director, Clinical and Epidemiology Project Lead, Hepatitis B will be responsible for providing medical, clinical and epidemiology leadership across several innovative and complex global development projects.
You should possess outstanding medical, clinical, scientific, leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines and environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they continue to undertake an unprecedented level of investment and activity in Innovative Vaccine Research & Development, to become the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare company.