Head of Transgene Discovery
Cell and Gene Therapy: Become part of this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant Cell and Gene Therapy group. The C> group will stand alongside small molecule and biopharmaceutical approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be their continued investment to ensure that they are at the very cutting edge of Cell and Gene Therapy – supporting the R&D Therapy Areas and in the identification and acquisition of enabling technology platforms to meet their ambitions.
The Head of Transgene Discovery will be responsible for developing and leading a team in the design, generation and optimisation of therapeutic proteins, including antibody fragments, tool reagents, and recombinant proteins. There will be particular emphasis on the development of these proteins to be expressed within recombinant lentivirus and adeno-associated virus to support pre-clinical projects.
The Head of Transgene Discovery will play a key role in the C> leadership team contributing to the strategic vision and direction of Cell and Gene Therapy Discovery Research, bringing:
- Excellent scientific knowledge and credibility
- A demonstrable track record of success within protein engineering and molecular biology
- Extensive knowledge and experience within antibody/protein engineering within Cell and Gene Therapy
- Extensive knowledge of current thinking and initiatives within Cell and Gene Therapies
The Head of Transgene Discovery will be expected to:
- Provide clear leadership and direction to a team of outstanding scientists
- Build strong collaborations with external partners / academia to further advance to Transgene Discovery capability
- Understand the challenges and manufacturing processes for clinical lentivirus and/or plasmid vectors
- Bring a high level of technical expertise to assess the viability of novel ideas / solutions
- Represent the Cell and Gene Therapy Research interests at all times
You will be expected to work successfully within a complex matrix working environment; leading project focused multi-disciplinary teams across multiple sites.
The Head of Transgene Discovery should possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines and environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they undertake an unprecedented level of investment and activity in Cell and Gene Therapy Research to deliver upon their ambition to become a leader in this field.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren, Pharma-Search Ltd – email@example.com, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.