Head of Transgene Delivery
Cell and Gene Therapy: Become part of this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant Cell and Gene Therapy group. The C> group will stand alongside small molecule and biopharmaceutical approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be their continued investment to ensure that they are at the very cutting edge of Cell and Gene Therapy – supporting the R&D Therapy Areas and in the identification and acquisition of enabling technology platforms to meet their ambitions.
The Head of Transgene Delivery will be accountable for building and leading a team of expert scientists responsible for optimising and expressing transgenes within a range of viral and non-viral vectors for optimal delivery.
The Head of Transgene Delivery will be responsible for evaluating and developing novel transgene technologies and approaches to meet future medicine needs. The Head of Transgene Delivery will play a key role in the C> leadership team contributing to the strategic vision and direction of Cell and Gene Therapy Discovery Research, bringing:
- Excellent scientific knowledge and credibility
- A demonstrable track record of success within protein engineering and development
- Extensive knowledge and experience within protein expression and analytics
- A broad understanding of drug discovery across a variety of treatment modalities and many diverse disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of current thinking and initiatives within Cell and Gene Therapies
The Head of Transgene Delivery will be expected to:
- Provide clear leadership and direction to a team of outstanding scientists
- Build strong collaborations with external partners / academia to further advance Transgene Delivery capability
- Bring a high level of technical expertise to assess the viability of novel ideas / solutions
- Transform new initiatives and ideas into “real science”
- Represent the Cell and Gene Therapy Research interests at all times
The Head of Transgene Delivery should possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines and environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they undertake an unprecedented level of investment and activity in Cell and Gene Therapy Research to deliver upon their ambition to become a leader in this field.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren, Pharma-Search Ltd – email@example.com, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.