Based in the headquarters of a global biopharmaceutical company, you will play a key role within the Neuroscience Biology Group. This is a newly created position as the company continues their commitment to Neuroscience and significant investment within breakthrough drug discovery research and development.
The Director Neurodegeneration will be responsible for leading a team of expert scientists for the continued understanding and development of molecular mechanisms of Neurodegeneration, ideally with expertise within Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading a team of PhD Scientists engaged in Neurodegeneration drug discovery
- Leading and directing drug discovery teams
- Evaluating external opportunities utilising your molecular expertise
- Promoting the company and department’s research activities at internal and external scientific meetings
- Directing and encouraging continued publication in peer reviewed journals
- Developing excellent relationships with external academic and commercial collaborators
- Supporting compound development from discovery through to candidate and potentially to POC
- Strong disease expertise and leadership capability within Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s Diseases
- Ability to contribute to the continued success of the New Medicines Group
Reporting to the Vice President CNS Research you will play a key role in the strategic direction of their molecular focused approach to research and discovery within Neurodegeneration.
You will have a high level of autonomy and responsibility within a dynamic and scientifically talented team, ideally bringing an excellent track record in academic and applied / commercial research into these key disease areas, bringing vision, ambition and creativity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly innovative business, within a leadership capacity, in a highly visible role where the long term career prospects are exceptional.