Senior Director Biology Non-Communicable Diseases, Africa
A new global health goal was recently endorsed by the World Health Assembly, the decision making body for the World Health Organisation.
The goal is to reduce avoidable mortality from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) by 25% by 2025, often referred to as the 25 by 25 goal.
Non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, cancer, chronic respiratory and cardiovascular disease are emerging as the most significant killers, with current projections indicating that by 2020 the largest increase in NCD deaths will occur in Africa.
Our client has taken a lead position and contributed an investment in excess of £100M to drive the research into understanding and sharing the unique features of NCDs in Africa.
You could play a key role in the leadership, direction and vision to address this critical need in understanding NCDs in Africa.
You will be required to provide robust and effective biology input to support the evaluation, design and conduct of research programmes, leading a portfolio of research initiatives.
Ideally you will have:
- A life science degree and relevant PhD or equivalent
- A demonstrable successful track record of successful delivery through programme and biology leadership
- The ability to lead, coordinate and manage complex collaborations
- Strong leadership skills with a highly collaborative and inclusive approach
- Expertise within Biology R&D within a commercial environment
- Outstanding expertise and understanding of relevant molecular mechanisms involved in laboratory and clinical research, across key therapeutic areas
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful business and play a key role in driving unique and highly innovative research into a critically important area. The Senior Director Biology will play a key role in helping to educate, train and enhance the capability of African researchers that they partner with, in order to create a long term solution of African scientists in African research institutes to become Africa NCD experts.
Do you have the ability to influence, to lead others and to share your Biology experience and knowledge, whilst always seeking to improve our understanding of NCDs in Africa?
It is intended that research projects will be led by African scientists for the benefit of African patients.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren,
Pharma-Search Ltd – email@example.com, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.