Head of Formulation & Drug Delivery
Cell and Gene Therapy: Become part of this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant Cell and Gene Therapy group. The C> group will stand alongside small molecule and biopharmaceutical approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be their continued investment to ensure that the Advanced Therapy Delivery (ATD) group, within BioPharm R&D, is able to deliver on the required critical CMC capabilities.
The ATD team plans to grow rapidly to ensure the delivery of a multi-product pipeline and to build a world class capability in CMC / supply and become a leader within the gene therapy field.
The Head of Formulation and Drug Delivery will play a key role in ensuring the development of a stable product that provides adequate shelf life to ensure a safe and efficacious product is delivered
to patients, bringing:
- Excellent scientific knowledge and credibility with significant experience in formulation development
- Experience in working within both early and late stage product development
- Strong understanding of clinical administration procedures, techniques and risks/challenges relevant to biological or cell products
- Demonstrable understanding of the technical challenges to be met in cell/gene therapy development
- Strong leadership skills and rich experience in coaching and talent development
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of current thinking and formulation / delivery initiatives within Cell and Gene Therapies
The Head of Formulation and Drug Delivery will be expected to:
- Develop a formulation / drug delivery plan identifying the required strategy, resources and tools required
- Deliver novel formulations and technologies to enable step change performance in product stability and deliverability for viral and cell products
- Provide technical review and approval of regulatory documentation
- Understand clinical dosing to ensure that target products meet the needs of clinicians and patients
- Provide clear leadership to identify, champion and drive scientific partnering programmes in line with the unit’s strategy
- Represent the Cell and Gene Therapy Research interests at all times
The Head of Formulation and Drug Delivery should possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines.
This is a unique career opportunity to play a key role in bringing cell and gene therapy medicines to patients, joining a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they build their Cell and Gene
Therapy Research platform.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren,
Pharma-Search Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.