Director Development Microbiology Antibiotics
The drug discovery and development continuum is changing.
Pharmaceutical companies increasingly need to be more agile, responsive, therapeutically aligned and patient focused to meet the growing need for novel and innovative drugs.
Our client is at the forefront of driving change through innovation, seeking to improve patient care and outcomes.
There is a global increase in Antibiotic resistance, gram-negative pathogens, which if not addressed is thought to have the potential to cause in excess of 10 million deaths per annum worldwide.
Our client is driving increased investment into effective Antibiotic development and commercialisation to respond to this unmet medical need and combat the continued growth of resistant infections.
This is a unique opportunity to join a brand new business unit, within a global leading Pharmaceutical company. This business unit is designed to be autonomous, agile and flexible with fully integrated development, commercial and medical functions.
You will be required to provide robust and effective microbiology input and leadership to support the evaluation, design and conduct of research and development programmes, leading a portfolio of new and existing clinical assets
Ideally you will have:
- A life science degree and relevant PhD in microbiology or equivalent
- Extensive pharmaceutical experience within Anti-Infectives / Antibiotics
- Deep understanding of drug development and commercialisation across the product life cycle
- Experience of leading appropriate submissions and regulatory defence work
- A high level of comfort presenting at regulatory meetings and to Advisory Boards
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build strong relations and partnerships – internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills with a highly collaborative and inclusive approach
- This is a unique opportunity to join a new business venture, with a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial approach, but with the backing of a global and highly successful business.
Do you want to play a key role in building a unique business, designed to meet unmet and critical patient and medical needs.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren, Pharma-Search Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.