Account Director, Business Development, UK
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious global CRO with significant growth plans and a highly personal and innovative approach. They are large enough to successfully manage complex global clinical trials with a highly customer centric approach and a commitment to quality and exceeding customer expectations. They provide extensive therapeutic expertise, across all phases of clinical development, supplemented by an outstanding staffing solution capability.
The business was established in the UK over 30 years ago and is currently present in over 40 countries. Their success has been driven by significant investment in people, systems, processes and a constant commitment to integrity and respect. With an extremely open and inclusive leadership style, they encourage a high level of innovation, creativity and efficiency.
The Account Director will be a key member of the Business Development team, responsible for maintaining the flow of projects from established and developing accounts, enhancing the long term client relationship and ultimately building this into a strategic partnership.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining existing accounts and identifying new accounts, as appropriate
- A combination of established accounts and developing accounts
- Ensuring that the right approach is taken and implemented to grow your accounts
- Working closely with other members of the BD team and Operational teams
- Maintaining regular contact with existing and new clients, listening to their current and future needs, understanding their unique requirements
- Ongoing communication regarding submission of proposals, budgets, bid defence and analysis of any feedback regarding this process, successful or not
- Assist in the development of budgets and proposals in response to client requests, working closely with the relevant operational and business contacts
Skills and Experience:
- A relevant Life Science degree and ideally a higher degree
- Experience within a clinical research and/or sales environment
- A proven track record of success within Clinical Research Business Development
- A strong existing network of contacts within the Pharmaceutical Industry
If you have:
- A high level of ambition
- A strong desire for success
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- The ability and commitment to become a leading Account Director within a global business
- A wish to be highly successful within a highly respected and rapidly growing company
This is an extremely exciting opportunity within a forward thinking business, where you will enjoy a high level of autonomy and be rewarded for success and allowed to flourish as an outstanding business development professional.