Cell & Gene Therapy Research Projects Leader
Cell and Gene Therapy: Become part of this new era in medicine
Our client is a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company committed to driving innovative research to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With an outstanding history spanning 175 years they have always been at the forefront of novel and leading R&D, investing heavily in the identification, development and delivery of innovative solutions to improve the treatment of diseases and illnesses.
With a desire to continue to innovate and pioneer change they are investing heavily in the development of a significant Cell and Gene Therapy group. The C> group will stand alongside small molecule and biopharmaceutical approaches to bring new medicines to patients globally.
Key to their success will be their continued investment to ensure that they are at the very cutting edge of Cell and Gene Therapy – supporting the R&D Therapy Areas and in the identification and acquisition of enabling technology platforms to meet their ambitions.
The Cell and Gene Therapy Research Projects Leader will play a key role in providing clear leadership of projects from concept to pre-clinical development, in the identification of innovative high quality solutions, bringing:
- Excellent scientific knowledge and credibility
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery through programme and scientific leadership
- Experience in working within Pharma, Biotech or academia
- A broad understanding of drug discovery across a variety of treatment modalities and many diverse disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of current thinking and initiatives within Cell and Gene Therapies
The Cell and Gene Therapy Research Projects Leader will be expected to:
- Provide clear leadership to identify, champion and drive scientific partnering programmes in line with the unit’s strategy
- Project lead from commitment to target though to pre-clinical lead and ultimately clinical development
- Act as primary point of contact internally with Therapy Heads
- Act as primary point of contact externally with partners, collaborators and academic groups
- Represent the Cell and Gene Therapy Research interests at all times
You will be expected to work successfully within a complex matrix working environment; leading project focused multi-disciplinary teams across multiple sites.
The Cell and Gene Therapy Research Projects Leader should possess outstanding leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and influence others at a variety of levels and across multiple disciplines and environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Global Pharmaceutical Company as they undertake an unprecedented level of investment and activity in Cell and Gene Therapy Research to deliver upon their ambition to become a leader in this field.
For further information or a discussion in complete confidence, please contact Dr Grant Coren, Pharma-Search Ltd – email@example.com, telephone: + 44 (0) 1442 345 340.