Business Director, UK/Germany
Join a leading full-service “right size” CRO—big enough to successfully manage large global trials, but with a personalised service level usually associated with a smaller organization.
An opportunity to join a dynamic, global CRO as it goes through exciting and positive change. The role will allow you to take on an extremely varied mix of responsibility on both a country and regional basis. You will have an extremely high level of flexibility, autonomy and the opportunity to become extremely successful and enjoy the rewards of your success.
You will be responsible for the identification, negotiation and securing of new client relationships within your region and portfolio of companies. You will also serve as overall Account Relationship Manager and Strategic Business Partner for established accounts, tasked with developing and expanding new business opportunities within allocated account(s) to include developing and overseeing the sales strategy for assigned clients, managing the sales process and coordinating with Project Management to ensure client satisfaction.
We are seeking individuals with strong networks and expertise, coupled to an impressive track record of success within one or more of the following areas:
- Blue chip pharmaceutical clients
- Emerging and developing medium and small pharmaceutical clients
- Biotechnology clients
- Geographical expertise within the UK / Benelux / Scandinavia regions
- Geographical expertise within the German / Swiss / Southern Europe regions
Reporting to the Vice President Business Development, International, you will be responsible for the identification, procurement and management for allocated business in Europe. As well as being responsible for nurturing relationships with and securing business from allocated customer accounts, you will pro-actively identify and qualify new potential clients, develop relationships with decision makers and stakeholders and obtain business from them. This will involve:
- Managing the complete sales cycle from cold calling to negotiating and closing the sale
- Acting as point of contact to the client
- Responding to client requests
- Assisting in the preparation and review of proposal (including FTE and financial estimates)
- Negotiating budgets, contracts, and assisting in the negotiation of ‘out of scopes’ as appropriate.
Additionally to this, you will play a key role in the management and development of a business development / account management team in your region(s) and disciplines. This will involve:
- Ownership and management of a team target.
- Responsibility for the training, development, mentorship and direction of the team.
- Line management for more junior team members.
- Assigning clients and accounts as appropriate.
- Input into the European / Global BD approach and strategy.
- Ability to drive sales, profitability and to develop the brand and culture.